Anyone using Serato?

I think mine is a mixtrack 2… £50 eBay special :metal:

I think Ace has you beat, his has a built-in light show. :dainjah:

Anyway, the tools certainly do not make the artist…

1 Like

Same

1 Like

I ordered a Z1. If I dig it might order the X1 too.

i’ve seen people pull off mad sets with loads of little tricks just on a tiny little hercules controller thing so it’s not like the old days of kam belt drives where you were really disadvantaged by going the budget route as a lot of features are built in the software.
i think the difference is the build quality .expensive ones are all metallic and feel unbreakable while cheaper ones feel like you could break them easy .

2 Likes

It’s always something dumb tho like my pioneer controller has noisey outputs. There is nothing I can do about it. I think it’s good to get something cheap to start out tho. See if you like it. Figure out what you really want and then go for it.

I still want an all in one pioneer but I suppose I can flip the NI stuff later.

Added another piece. My GF gave me her surface. This might be my new set up here. Gotta see if it works tomorrow.

I ended up ordering the X1 mk3 last night after a long frustrating practice session on the decks. My boomer ass can’t remember my midi mappings from one session to the next.

I should have another Traktor 3 key to donate if anyone needs it.

I still need that if it works. I’m getting my z1 when I get home.

Yeah, it looks like the Z1 only comes with a voucher. :poop: These are usually $35.

I should have the x1 by early next week and I’ll pass it along.

1 Like

I got it set up. The z1 comes with the pro3 lite or whatever and then I guess it’s 50 bucks to upgrade to the full thing. But I can wait if you are going to have that because it looks like this includes the main features that I need. I just need to build my playlists up again. Honestly Traktor seems miles better than serato and rekordbox. I feel dumb for not trying it before.

The key detection seems on point with traktor. Rekordbox was terrible with that.

1 Like