Forum Suggestions

Yeah, doesn’t have to be :fire: but something oldschool and pixelated is needed

1 Like

The Unofficial DOA External Smiley Repository (newcastlebeats.com)

1 Like

1 Like

Anyone heard from the big guy?

Nutta? I just checked IG, he hasn’t been on there in almost a week. I did stop by in the discord I think probably 6 days ago.

What what? The :+1: is an international sign of all goodness

2 Likes

I like the thumbs up. I do a thumbs up in real life even. There was an article like a year ago going around that younger people think it’s passive aggressive. I’m not a hater of young people but that is snowflake action.

2 Likes

I’m offended. Would give you a double thumbs up if I could! How you like them apples

LOL

Thumbs up is fine by me, I even do it myself sometimes. Just hate the emoji - the DOA one looks a lot better.

3 Likes

I added a bunch more smilies

:badlove: :beer: :dainjah: :eek2: :emot_cop: :emot_twisted: :extrasmashedanagffin: :noted: :redstripeslayer: :slay2: :slayer:

Sorry, I still can’t figure out a way to sort them to the top in the picker.

1 Like

I see that an Event Calendar plugin is available. This may be worth testing out to help with scheduling shows.

@atomoil
:spiral_calendar: Discourse Event - plugin - Discourse Meta

1 Like

Question: is there a way to add a signature at the bottom or our posts?

I’m back at laptop tomorrow evening so will get it installed then.

@polkaroo I imagine there’s probably a signature plug-in so if you spot it I can install it or I can take a quick look myself when I’m back.

In fact if anyone else can be bothered to geek out on Discourse plugins then I’m happy to install anything :slayer2:

1 Like

There is an official plugin for signatures Discourse Signatures - plugin - Discourse Meta

Only suggestion from me right now is a couple more categories for stuff to keep organised a bit better goring forward. Would be good to have production challenges as a regular thing. Fresh fodder for the shows as well. Might attract more people over. As for functionality, this set up seems good for our purposes right now and can’t see it needing anything glaringly obvious changing.

2 Likes

Forum rule:

If you are Vexus, Zakalwe, rotos or MisterShifter —> BAN because you are bloody assholes.

1 Like

@llaest (our first official mod) Get that ban hammer ready :emot_cop:

you will all be sorry

Would it be cool to have an “embers lore” forum topic, for important/amusing info about the history of embers? For the enjoyment and edification of new converts? And for the philosophic musings of the elders, of course.

Eg pecavi, and that manifesto i found on a pawn shop website (that has now mysteriously disappeared)?

2 Likes

Do eet!