Welcome to Embers Breaks

Hi :badger: uploaded this for ya :badteeth:

2 Likes

Aw thanks mate

1 Like

Just east of Brussels about 80 kilometers away from Charleroi.
They donā€™t speak French around here. :badteeth:

1 Like

Looking good!
Black Belt Emberist!

I just got myself deep into the weeds on the debate between quotes and replies on Discourseā€™s forum. The devs are quite set on their approach, and I tend to agree with their logic. There is a button when replying that will auto add the quoted post here:

Although I think it just comes down to getting used to the reply indicator on the upper right of the post.

1 Like

Donā€™t get lost in the weeds.

1 Like

yeah seems to be working but itā€™s 2 clicks instead of one.

i donā€™t like the reply function at all. maybe we can make a poll about it once all of us are settled :badteeth:

I mean itā€™s one click to reply and another click if you want to quote. Itā€™s not quite double the steps. Like 1.5x. I can deal with whatever it is. Iā€™m not that picky but I think all the software has bonehead moves and no one wi fix anything anymore because board are out of style.

1 Like

You sound like a user that is giving feedback to dev support at work.
Spoiled brat!

better to give feedback than none at all. also better to change stuff at the beginning. cuz noone will be bothered later on anyway.

do you wanna be my dev support?

Feel free, but I donā€™t think it can be easily changed either way. I donā€™t know Ruby enough to be remotely comfortable tackling it. If one of you do take it on, youā€™d need to merge your changes with every version update. Maybe a plugin?

1 Like

I like this place already more than DOA because there are no trolls.
And the forum software works just fine. Thanks guys!
Now Embersbreaks.com really is the home of the embers comunity.

3 Likes

I totally agree, thatā€™s why I looked into it for you. No options out-of-the-box for these though:

• show custom emojis first (personal frequently used does display first however)
  • replace ā€œReplyā€ button with Quote
  • show which user last posted under the topics (show user name instead of pic) (maybe doable in theme? Mouse hover over avatar shows username.)

wicked man. appreciate it

maybe someone with discourse experience can look into these

also re Reply button to Quote button maybe @Hyperfocus or @atomoil can look into it.

if itsā€™ hassle free why not but anything else just leave it obv

i think the layout itself is fine, one thing we should tweak is the color scheme ā€“ the blue should be the orange from the KSSS logo IMO. discourse is a great piece of softwareā€¦ developed by Sam Saffron, who designed the Dapper library working at Stack Exchange. i think it even got funded as a full on startup several years ago.

2 Likes

yo

2 Likes

Really liking this site. Awesome colour scheme.

2 Likes

Hi guys. Many thanks to the courageous admins for setting this up

2 Likes

Iā€™m experimenting with this change to orange. The current orange is a bit to dark with the dark theme, not enough contrast. Iā€™ll try a lighter shade.

Greys and orange is one of my favorite palettes!

2 Likes

Embers Orange is now an available color palette. I left the default dark theme as-is. Change in your user preferences.

Work in progress - Suggestions welcome.

1 Like