Streaming Technical Discussion

see on mine it lets you select asio for the headphones but i think mine acts as the soundcard/audio interface so i’m not sure how it is with others

Which model did you get?

Numark Partymix (was €20 second hand, like new so why not?)

I’ve DLed Virtual DJ, now i have sound on the headphone but not on speakers

mine is a rane one which is semi high end all in one unit mainly favoured by people into scratching and wedding djs

are the upfaders and gain up?

1 Like

Party Mix | Numark

This one? Shows a headphone jack & RCA on the box so that means it has an internal soundcard.

DJ software should be set to external mixing.

the lights are great :slayer2:

it will deffo be a settings thing but learning all the jargon and what everything means will be half the battle.it’s only just recently i’ve learnt to adjust beat grids and tell the software how to double or half what the default bpm of a tune is showing in the software

yeah, it’s a lot.
First conclusion: mixxx is freeware and you can see that, the interface SUXXX.
VirtualDJ is looking so much more intuïtive, but it locked me out from using the controller for now.
I either get sound on pc/speakers or headphone (on the numark) but not both

UPDATE: I got it working in MIXXX :fire::fire::fire::fire:
All of a sudden it starts to make a lot more sense.

2 Likes

Dude it looks almost exactly like rekordbox I swear to god. You will be dissapointed by all of them. They all suck. I have heard Virtual DJ is a piece of shit too. But you have to pick one. Mine worked perfectly with Mixx. If they don’t have the mapping file for your controller you can set it up manually but they should have the mappings.

Mappings are ok.

seemed it was the camera varking me the other day after doing some private stream tests today so no bling cam for the moment. who wants to see me bopping and vaping anyways :badteeth:

uninstalled a load of stuff i don’t use like steam and all the hidden crap that gets put on your pcand done some more tweaking and found you can lower camera quality /settings too.
so i managed an hour test stream with the blingcam and all seems rock solid again.
fucking stupid pcs always needing tweaking

2 Likes

I noticed some droppage in my audio but I think it’s Serato / my laptop. My video looks decent. I don’t think it’s the connection. But I didn’t have time to set up mixx. Gonna try that next time.

@BillyTheClit I was messing with OBS last night and had the same problem as you with it not picking up the audio from my dj software. Apparently OBS is oldschool in that it assumes that an audio device only has a single stereo input. So if your dj software is sending to e.g. channels 3-4, OBS won’t see it. There’s an app called Loopback which lets you route and merge audio streams (for example to make both the dj software and a mic to come out of 1-2). Not sure if it’s available for pc but there are definitely alternatives. Hope this helps.

Going to experiment a bit more today. Managed to get a stream going on YT but without sound lol. Traktor outputs to 3-4 and 5-6 so I think I know how to fix it now

But I only have 1 input because my mic is USB.

So if I understand correctly that’s three inputs including the master out from the dj software. You need a tool that merges them together and outputs them on your main audio interface outs (1-2). Then you can select output 1-2 as a source inside obs. That’s my theory anyway

In my case I have traktor sending its master out to my audio interface and the monitor out to the headphone out on the dj controller. This is combining two different audio devices (since the dj controller acts as an audio interface in addition to my main interface). Because of this I have to set up a so called aggregate device which is Apple’s way of merging multiple audio devices into a single virtual “Frankenstein” interface. Then in traktor I select aggregate device as my main and monitor outputs. Maybe you need a similar tool to combine the usb mic (which acts as an audio interface) and regular interface, and then choose the resulting virtual port as the audio source in obs?

I use the same pc, so master out from dj software = system audio and I use that as input. I defined a mic channel in OBS which I can un/mute when going to a specific scene so that should stay separated. Also on the mic I’ve placed some filters to avoid clipping etc. There’s another audio channel which I use for the start of my stream which is an mp3 file in OBS… so there’s more audio sources all in all. It works now so I’m not all that tempted to tweak it.

1 Like

Ah cool, I was thinking you might get a lot of latency if asio wasn’t working. Totally agree, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

1 Like