Streaming Technical Discussion

We have the one I use for the website.

bannerlogo1_460x120

I have more stuff I’ve worked on over the years. I’ll see what I can dig up.

I agree we shouldn’t use KSSS logos on anything new moving forward without Nutta’s permission. Reusing old flyers and graphics, say for stream videos, that mention KSSS shouldn’t be a problem. It is our history.

I did notice the Embers Movement logo on the site features the playboy bunny. We should change that. It is a straight up edit/rip of the OG Junglist Movement logo anyway. It predates me.

Maybe a good time for a complete refresh?

1 Like

All sorts of nonsense. I’ll add more later.

Let me know if you have something to add.

First go. Using Winamp for visuals.

Looking good!
Is this OBS you are using?

Yeah. Exploring what’s possible. I’m having some gain staging issues I’m trying to work out. It’s a mess of two audio interfaces, hardware routing and virtual cables :exploding_head:

Edit* sorted out the gain staging.

I made a new and clean version of the Embers Movement logo (XXL) and also an animated version. I dropped them in forum suggestions.

Yep I saw those, looking good. I’ll see if I can get the small forum logo switched over.

My focusrite interface has a loopback feature I use all the time for sampling off of YouTube and the like. It’s shows up in Ableton, but OBS doesn’t see it? It would simplify my routing for winamp visuals if I can get that sorted.

edit Sorted

@dynalix looking wicked mate

anyone know how to get OBS to aromatically swap between scenes …? I know you can key bind them which is fine but there must be a way to get to swap but itself?

Aromatic visuals, I like the sound of that. A steaming cup of coffee etc. Would go nicely with your chill selections :slight_smile:

I’ve seen a few plugins for it, but I’ve not explored it yet to offer up any recomendations.

Automatic scene switching in Streamlabs OBS - Aytee.de

1 Like

its the future of streaming Therms - you seen it here first :wink:

It took me an hour to clean the dust of my decks. I haven’t touched them in a year, it’s been a lot longer than that since I actually practiced. I’m going to need some serious brushing up :slayer2:

I may just got for a live set first. I’ll need to practice that a bit , but at least it’s something I’ve worked on recently.

1 Like

Make sure to put the link in the channel chat. I always look at that first if there are messages there.

I’ve been trying out a few things and working out some kinks. I’m still awaiting YouTube verification to test streaming. Couple of questions…

After a lot of trial and error, I have OBS outputting really good video and audio recording. I’m not sure why, but my upload to YouTube looks compressed AF to me. Gotta sort that.

Do you guys see benefit in showing the Tractor waveforms? I’m on the fence.

I think I’ve got the audio dialed in. Sound OK?

Suggestions to make things better?

1 Like

With YouTube quality there are 2 things I’d look at first. First of all the HD isn’t available right away. It takes longer to process. But you can check the quality of the playback in your settings as I’m pretty sure I had to change a setting because I was seeing the same thing.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of the traktor waveforms personally, nicer to have a waveform of the mixed output imo if at all necessary. I do like the virtual dj thing where you can see the names of tracks being played. But as someone mentioned it may be an issue with dubs (although it shouldn’t take us long to learn to name files accordingly if we want to keep them anonymous)…

Do you have the lowdown on YT audio quality in relation to the video quality settings? I remember reading something about the audio being the same for multiple video settings…wonder if 1080p and up is one audio quality and everything below is another but the same for all of them?

I don’t know off hand. I’m a terrible tech person. It takes me forever to wrap my head around some of this stuff. I have heard the high quality is 320 mp3 but I have no idea. I think the sound quality is less noticeable than the video. I’m sure I could look things up if I had a second.

1 Like